Award Categories 2021
Before preparing your submission please take time to read the How to Enter and Useful Advice pages on this website. There you will find guidance on the questions you need to answer for each of the different groups of categories.
The best overall project executions by market sector – reflecting strategy, technical and creative decision-making, choice of network or sites, and results:
- Corporate & Workplace
- Digital Out Of Home Media
- Education & Healthcare (including libraries)
- Hotels, Resorts, Theme Parks & Attractions
- Museums & Historic Sites
- Public Spaces (including airports, mass transport, convention and exhibit centers and malls)
- Retail (including retail banking and restaurants)
- Sports & Entertainment Venues
Content & Creativity
To find the best of the campaigns and content: informing, entertaining and enhancing the customer experience. The judges will decide the winners based on:
- Creative Execution – creative for brand advertising and media
- Creative Execution – creative for other marketing or communication purposes – including workplaces, health, education, public spaces, etc
- Creative Execution – creative for visual experience, including public art
- Creative Execution – visualization of dynamic, integrated data for business purposes and utility (such as automated ferry schedules, control access into stores via sensors, or capacity notices)
- Creative Technical Achievement – including projection mapping, or new display/playback technology
Technical Design & Innovation
To find the best innovation across digital signage, including manufacturers, installers, network providers and content providers. Again, the judges may decide that there should be more than one winner as entrants must evidence technical advances in any of the following areas of expertise:
- Technical Advances and Innovation in Display and Other Devices
- Technical Advances and Innovation in Management Software, Data Integration and AI
- Excellence in Engineering Design for Installed Projects
Outstanding Individual or Company (sponsored by SIXTEEN:NINE)
Nominations are invited from around the world. If you know someone or some company is doing brilliant work to improve digital signage then you should put their name forward using the nomination form. Please note: the deadline for receipt of nominations is different from other categories. November 30, 2020 is the closing date for nominations.
Grand Prix (sponsored by Gable)
There will be one top accolade awarded by the judges to the company whose entry or entries they consider to be the best in show from all the category winners and high commendations winners.
Please remember: the closing date for entries is September 30, 2020.
Time pressures for preparing good entries can be tough. If you need a helping hand writing your awards submissions contact Boost Awards. They are the first and largest experts in preparing awards submissions and act completely independently of any awards scheme. There is no financial relationship between the Digital Signage Awards and Boost Awards and they operate worldwide: